Hopper + Spawner Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Plutoren, Nov 29, 2017.

?

Is this a good change?

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

21.4%
  3. I was too lazy to read all of it but I will complain later because I don't understand the changes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What's a poll

14.3%
  5. Let's Blame Pluto

28.6%
  6. Bears, beets, battlestar galactica

7.1%
  7. Why are there so many poll questions?

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Plutoren

Plutoren Owner
    Staff Member Owner

So we did some late night experimenting, and to prevent future overloads of hoppers from lagging the server when creating massive mob farms, we found a unique + cool solution which means you won't need any hoppers at all to make a mob farm!

Any mob spawner you place from here on out will by default auto-kill its spawned mobs.
    The loot from these mobs will magically teleport to the closest chest to the point of death, with a max distance of 4.

So now you can just place a few chests around your spawners to collect the loot, with no impact on the server! Wow!

This method not only reduces the hoppers server wide but also reduces mob counts, and entities! All of which help the server be a little bit faster for everyone!

You can toggle this feature off/on with /autofill when looking at the spawner you wish to toggle, note it will only work on spawners that you place from this point onward, so any previously placed spawners will need to be re-placed to get this cool new feature.

Also! Spawners lock to your name / IP so only you can break or edit your spawners.

Also you can only place up to 40 hoppers in a chunk, to prevent future overloads.

If you have any questions or concerns leave a comment here or ask on the discord.

These changes are both new and up for debate, so bring on the debate!

Also if you haven't heard, we have some awesome updates coming in December so Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 2
  2. MrSquiddles

MrSquiddles Ultimate
    Ultimate Hero Pro

Squiddlez
    Ultimate
    Pluteh iz bed adminz he iz aboose powaa and weemove meh hoopers. Somwun ban ples.

3. DarkCreator22

DarkCreator22 Unverified

learn to spell...

4. MrSquiddles

MrSquiddles Ultimate
    Ultimate Hero Pro

Squiddlez
    Ultimate
    Waz meant to be on poopose plez no hate

5. DarkCreator22

DarkCreator22 Unverified

. . . we will never be friends . . . lol. :cool:

6. Sortmuffe

Sortmuffe Unverified

Nice changes, I hope people will like it!